Here are the main capabilities that I would highlight:
- Grain, extract, sugars and adjuncts database, including PPG, SRM and fermentability adjustment for Lactose, Dextrin, Carapils, Crystal and highly kilned malts
- Hops database with average range of alpha acids
- Yeast database
- Beer style database from BJCP with OG,FG,SRM,IBU and ABV data
- Mashing temperature input and auto correction for final gravity
- Strike water temperature calculation for single infusion mashing, including grain temperature compensation.
- Recipe database, to store your recipes
- Brewing guide, an easy format to print and follow on brewday with all ingredients, boil schedule, fermentation log, etc
- PH calculator for sparge water adjustment
- Gravity converter and fermentation log
- Tool will comes with all recipes that I have brewed to date (93 batches of partyial mash, extract and all grain)
- Limitations: 8 fermentables (grains, adjuncts, sugars) and 6 hop schedules, 1000 recipes
I can make a netmeeting section to show how to use the tool, probably wait few requests to reach more users at once. Please post a comment if you would like to get a trainning section.
I didn't have the time to write an instruction manual.
Here are few snap shots